The Brown Ranch Annexation
The City of Steamboat Springs and the Yampa Valley Housing Authority are developing a draft agreement to annex 420-acres of Brown Ranch into the city.
The Brown Ranch Annexation Committee (BRAC) is charged with negotiating the agreement terms governing the proposed annexation for City Council review and approval.
All BRAC meetings are streamed live and open to the public.
Calendar of Brown Ranch Annexation Committee topics
- Feb 1: Overview for Development at Brown Ranch
- Feb 15: Water, Wastewater, Stormwater
- March 1: Transit and Streets
- March 15: Funding for City services, use of STR taxes,
- BRAC Town Hall – March 22nd 5:30 pm
- March 29: Exactations/Dedication of Land (Parks and open space, indoor field house, fire station, etc.)
- April 12: Fiscal Impact Analysis continued
- April 26: Public Transportation Infrastructure (traffic study)
- May 10: Affordability/Attainability of Housing (ownership, deed restrictions, Conformance with West Steamboat Springs Area Plan); Sustainability Measures (Energy Efficiency, Climate Action Plan, EV infrastructure, etc.)
- May 24: Post Annexation Land use Approval Process (zoning, subdivision applications, codes, vested rights
- June 7: Contingencies: (Legal challenges, referendum/referred measure, 40 day period)
Brown Ranch Annexation Updates
BRAC Town Hall March 22nd 5:30 pm
The Brown Ranch Annexation Committee will host the first Town Hall covering early topics in the annexation discussion at the Community Center on Wednesday, March 22, 2023. The Town Hall will provide a brief
March 15th – Fiscal Impact Analysis
On Mar 15th, the Brown Ranch Annexation Committee (BRAC) will be a discussing the Fiscal Impact Analysis. Provided below are the City briefing papers on each of these subjects. Associated DocumentsBrown Ranch Fiscal Impact
March 1st – Operations/Maintenance Responsibilities – General Municipal Services (Streets and Transit)
On March 1st, the Brown Ranch Annexation Committee (BRAC) will be discussing City Services, Operations, Maintenance Responsibilities –General Municipal Services (Streets and Transit).Provided below are the City briefing papers on each of these subjects.
February 15th – Annexation Committee Meeting – Water, Wastewater, Stormwater
On Feb 15th, the first Brown Ranch Annexation Committee (BRAC) will be a discussion on water, wastewater and stormwater. Provided below are the City briefing papers on each of these subjects. Associated Documents
February 1st – Annexation Committee Meeting – Overview for Development at Brown Ranch
On February 1, 2023, the Brown Ranch Annexation Committee met to discuss the general plan for development at Brown Ranch. To learn more about the meeting, access the agenda packet and meeting recording. LocationCommittee
Brown Ranch Annexation Committee Starts Negotiation Path
Annexation Meetings Scheduled Every Two Weeks Starting February 1, 2023 STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, COLORADO-January 26, 2023-The Brown Ranch Annexation Committee (BRAC) has started charting the course in negotiating an agreement between the city and Yampa Valley Housing