Focus Team: Infrastructure Meeting #7
Date and Location: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 – 443 Oak Nonprofit Center and Zoom
Estimated Attendance: 17 including staff & consultants
Key Technical Information Shared:
Ryan Spaustat, technical consultant, shared an overview of key information and conversations from other Brown Ranch focus teams to date.
The co-chairs and consultants then led a conversation about metrics the infrastructure team can establish to measure success at Brown Ranch.
Example Water Metrics
- Water use per household
- Total water footprint of Phase 1 (including commercial space & shared open space. Public Input:
Infrastructure principles and metrics
- Quantify water efficiency (for example 30% below typical new building. Or cap on gallons/day for indoor/outdoor combined.
- “Think 2050 today” – to the extent we can, use anticipated climactic conditions of 2050 to understand water/energy needs.
- Add priority about reducing impermeable surfaces.
- Add “reduce vehicle miles traveled.”
- Aim for 20% multi-modal reduction, or higher.
- Metric for internal trip reduction.
- Add priority about demand management.
- Consider changing wording on electrification priority.
Storm Water – none to add.
Sustainability – If we follow all the above priorities, we don’t need to add anything to these priorities.